HI FRIENDS! I wanted to share my heart, give an update on life these past 6 months, and a few tips on taking care of your heart.
My life has changed DRASTICALLY in the last 8 months and I am in such a beautiful season! I got a big girl job and work 8-5, which I said I would never do but strangely, I LOVE it lol I am also officially dating someone, the sweetest person ever (more blogs on that later) and I have plugged myself into a new home #ILOVEHTX
Anyways, life is pretty great right now! And I’m so thankful for this season and trying to soak it ALL in.
I have gotten way better at taking care of myself and I think this is something so many of us struggle with so I thought I would share what I have been working on. I’m sharing the ideas over 5 posts as a mini series for the blogs. I hope you enjoy & let me know if you would like more of these types of series.
- Treat yourself
- Prayer + Word
- Guarding your heart + your peace
The older I get and the more that I want to just make sure my heart is healthy. My inner peace has become one of the dearest things to me and something I intentionally look after. I used to let everything and everyone in and out of my life regardless of how good or bad, or anxious it made me. And although I am still learning how to filter through situations and people, I have gotten way better at guarding my peace.
Over the last few months, I decided I wanted to be someone who people like being around, someone who speaks life because I really do believe in people not just because it’s what we’re “supposed to do”. I wanted to be full of confidence, full of love. And I believe the only way to really live this out is to be at peace with yourself and your world. We cannot offer anyone else anything if we ourselves are empty. And even more so, we cannot offer anything healthy, if we aren’t taking care of ourselves – mind, body, and spirit.
One of the things I love doing is treating myself (sometimes a little too much LOL). Weeks and days can speed by without me even getting a chance to catch my breath until I’m exhausted because how the heck are we already in July?!? I learned in my previous season that I burned myself out at 23 years old because I was constantly giving to the wrong people, sowing into the wrong situations, and never made time for myself. I am still in the process of learning of ways to take care of myself but here are a few of the things I enjoy:
- I love dancing! ( ya know, dancing in your love lol?) Dancing makes me happy, it’s a good workout and a good time! I try to go dancing at least once a month or try to take classes every few months. One of my major goals this month is to go to more classes. You can find easy $10 classes around the city or simply go for a night out in town and dance the night away.
- I love facemasks and little spa days. There are many different options from target and ulta that I love to purchase. I would just recommend really knowing your skin and how it reacts to certain products before going all out. My face is really sensitive so I have to be careful what I use. I’ve also created natural face masks that I found on pinterest.
- Treat yourself to a Mani/Pedi. This is one of my favorite things to do because my life is together when my nails are done and perfect. It doesn’t even have to be expensive or even at a salon! Look up at home Manis, play some tunes, and relax while you hook yourself up!
- Treating yourself to a…. treat. In this generation of perfect bodies, health diets, workout regimes, and more, sometimes it’s nice to treat yourself to something sweet. Buy the cookie, have some ice cream, enjoy that snack that you think about all day!
I had the opportunity of visiting Essential Body Bar this past weekend and it was such a relaxing experience. In the center of downtown, this spa is in a cute little house that was turned into a relaxing spa. As soon as you walk in, Letrice, the owner is very welcoming and so is the decor and ambiance.
I had a Microdermabrasion and a Swedish massage.
I had never had a MD done and I was really nervous about it because my face is very sensitive but I was actually able to relax because Sarah explained everything before she did it and there is a mini facial before the actual treatment began.
The treatment itself is not painful. The tool exfoliates and has a suction tip that helps clean/unclog your pores. And it left my face smooth the rest of the day without any noticeable redness or bruising. Today my face is a little dry but I expected it. Nothing a little moisturizer can’t fix!
The Swedish massage was very light pressure and very relaxing. Sometimes, the massage therapists apply too much pressure and i’m always WAY too shy to say something but this was the perfect Swedish massage. I had never tried hot stones and they were so so so relaxing. The massage therapist was also very professional and explained everything he was doing.
Essential body bar formulates their own products and use a lot of essential oils that help you relax during your services. Lavender is probably one of my favorite oils.
I would definitely recommend treating yourself to one of the services, it is definitely worth a little self care and the prices are very affordable.
In order to offer the world the very best version of you, you have to be the best version for YOU. The world needs what you have to offer and there are only people YOU can reach so be intentionally about taking care of and treating yourself.
Dancing in His love